Apart of Me helps young people find hope and meaning when someone close to them has died. We have been working really hard over the last nearly 3 years to create a beautiful digital, healing tool that will help young people - especially those young people who might not be able to access traditional counselling support or who are from families who find it really difficult to talk about death, grief, and the feelings that come with this.
Apart of Me helps young people to:
- Feel less alone and more connected to other people who have experienced childhood bereavement.
- Learn strategies that will help them find peace within their emotions.
- Guide them to a place where they will help others going through something similar to them.
Apart of Me is a non-profit. We created this healing tool and made it available for free to those who most need it. To make this mission possible, we are totally reliant on the love and generosity of volunteers and donors.
How you can help
We are always looking for volunteers to help us in some specific areas.
In particular we are looking for the following help:
- Developers - game developers (particularly unity), web developers, server-side developers. We have a variety of different tasks available depending on your level of experience and available time, from simple bug fixes to implementing a new feature on our roadmap.
- Designers - game designers, graphic designers, web designers ... we are always looking for volunteers to drive Apart of Me forward to the next level.
- Marketing experts - to help us with the strategy and marketing approach for Apart of Me.
- Social media assistants - to help us with some of the following: updating social media, writing and posting blog posts and other copy, replying to comments, messages, etc., Keeping track of press requests and prepare for the week ahead.
If you can help with any of these roles please contact us here or email us at [email protected].