Administrator and Researcher
Your role/title at Apart of Me:
Currently, I work mostly on the fundraising side of the team, I do a lot of research into potential grant opportunities as well as aiding with applying for them. I also do research into anything that is needed and pull ideas and examples together for the team to look at.
How are you involved with Apart of Me?
I have a research-heavy background working in financial crime, this means I have extensive research skills which come in handy when looking at grant applications we can apply for.
Is there someone or something that you love that isn’t here anymore?
My mother. Unfortunately a few days after my 19th birthday my mum lost her long term battle with cancer, the next few years I found very difficult and spent most of this time isolating myself and in a very low place. Luckily with the friends I have had around me I have been able to get my life back into place and now I want to help others in a similar issue.
What is guaranteed to make you laugh?
The films Shaun of the Dead & Hot Fuzz, 2 classics and I quote them every day!!
List some silly facts about you:
- I was born without any sense of smell and a very weak taste.
- I have lived in France and Ireland.
- I have a cat called Bryce and a Fish called Venom (if I could I would have a house full of pets!)
- I love travelling abroad to watch different sporting events!
- I used to play the Irish sport hurling when I was young (I was awful!!)
What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given?
To go and see the world before I settled down.